That is one thing that the web service can do that standard validations
can't do.  I was trying to help with the original request made by Stephen.
The web service has the advantage of giving back other information too.
Like company name, history, etc.

Not all applications can call web services however.  Sometimes there are
wierd firwall rules in place.  Especially in Government departments.  I know
that the web server that I deploy my latest application on cannot make http
requests going out.  Really sucks but is proving a major headache to change
and will likely take years at our current rate of negotiations.  Therefor
the reason to have a CFC.

On 10/04/07, Andrew Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> lol,
>
> But Mark ABN's can still be valid and no longer be in use any more, so the
> webservice would be the best option..... Unless of course you where being
> sarcastic :-)
>

> On 4/9/07, Mark Stanton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > > How about using a webservice instead:
> > >
> > > http://www.abn.business.gov.au/ABRXMLSearch/
> >
> > Why bother using an authoritative source when you can spend hours
> > trying to reverse engineer the business rules and invent your own
> > method of validation instead?

> > > Andrew Muller
> > > http://www.webqem.com
> > >
> > > linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/1/151/905