We recently had the same problem down here. Our system uses subdomains for
each of our clients (client1.mycompanyname.net.au), but users usually
register with own business email, so we end up sending emails from my
company domain with a from-address like [EMAIL PROTECTED] .

Of course, that didn't exactly fly with spoofing detection, so we created a
generic client address like [EMAIL PROTECTED] for the
from-address, and used the individual user address in a reply-to mailparam.

does that make sense?

Tof