Okay let's try to help him out then. Please bear with me.. here goes.

Observe the following code (which I just wrote and tested). Make an
Appication.cfc with ONLY this code;

<cfset this.name = "ApplicationName">
<cfset this.sessionManagement = true>
<cfset this.sessionTimeout = createTimeSpan(0,0,0,1)>

<cffunction name="onSessionEnd" returnType="void" output="false">
<cfargument name="sessionScope" type="struct" required="true">
<cfargument name="appScope" type="struct" required="false">
    <cflog text="session ended" />
    <cfthrow message="somethingnasty">
</cffunction>
</cfcomponent>

The behaviour is "session ended" is logged. The thrown error goes no where.

Then add OnError as follows;

<cffunction name="onError" returnType="void" output="false">
<cfargument name="exception" required="true">
<cfargument name="eventname" type="string" required="true">
    <cflog text="#exception.message#">
</cffunction>

Some might expect "session ended" to be logged.

Instead "Event Handler Exception." is logged.

That's just how it is.

You need to then look in exception.rootcause to find the tru error thrown in
onsessionend.

Anyone want to agree with me, please?