Dot net.

a good c# dev in visual studio can produce a site just as quick as a cf dev.

look at the power of Dot Net, you can create some narly server beast in the
same language as ya web app,
with cf you'll need to write it in 2 languages, java and CF.
PDF, anyone can make a pdf reader.
as for any other Adobe tools, I've never come across them in the commercial
environment.

not saying adobe is crap, I use CF but I'm not an adobe groupie.
and there is no reason to be unless you are say an alliance partner or
trainer etc.
Adobe has never bought my software.
if adobe disappeared off the face of the planet I'd simply use a diff tool
set.
nothing against them, I just don't see any reason to be a company groupie.

Besides I don't want to sleep with Ben Forta anyway.