From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of David Harris
Sent: Tuesday, 29 May 2007 12:35 PM
To: cfaussie
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: cffunction access="Package"

in CF a package is a folder...
...so any CFC's in the same folder will be able to access that
function.

[cfdocs]
package: available only to the component that declares the method,
components that extend the component, or any other components in the
package.
[/cfdocs]

when you would use it is to help secure functions, and maybe business
logic...

I'm the same as Andrew where I haven't really used it much, and
normally use "public" or "private"

Andrew Scott wrote:
> Dale,
>

> Same as java, the idea I believe never used it myself. Is to make the
method
> private except to the package it belongs to.
>

> Andrew Scott
> Senior Coldfusion Developer
> Aegeon Pty. Ltd.
> www.aegeon.com.au