>From Memory

You sue the query to authenticate blank is pass, error is fail like you
said.

But to actually get stuff out of the directory, a user has no permission to
do this.

So You run a separate LDAP query as the administrator or someone with
permission to retrieve users details.

Simple test, try your query with Administrator username and password account
but leave samaccountanme as ryan to see what happens.

Regards

Dale Fraser

 <http://dalefraser.blogspot.com> http://dalefraser.blogspot.com