Seriously?

An AIR application can be.

1) Pure HTML
2) Flash / Flex / HTML *
3) Flash / Flex

* Full HTML can be embedded in Flash / Flex and Flash / Flex can be embedded in HTML.
The HTML engine is webKit, the HTML engine that runs under Safari.

So just to confirm, an AIR application can be pure HTML.

I think, and I say I think because I haven't done much in this area, you can even build a HTML application and store the HTML / _javascript_ files locally and reference them in your application so that the core HTML / _javascript_ files do not need to be downloaded.

Cheers
Gareth.

Andrew Scott wrote:
Could you imagine writing a html app that ran in air? how fast it would be to develop with.