I've actually got a couple of servers that were experiencing the same
thing as you have described - all emails have no attachments and it
doesn't happen with every site... It goes away once I restart the
ColdFusion service but comes back after a while...
This only seemed to occur after I had applied the Cumulative Hot Fix
No.2 two weeks ago.
I've since rolled back that update on one server and the error hasn't
occurred since...