On 6/29/07, Bruce Trevarthen (B2 Limited) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> SOFTWARE:
> Again you're correct, each VM is just as if it were a physical server in the
> eye's of software licenses, even Microsoft still expect a Processor license
> per Virtual Server even though it's only one physical CPU underneath it all.

I think that's incorrect. Wasn't there some news article stating the
low end versions of Vista have a virtualisation restriction in their
license that was going to be lifted whereas XP Home can be?

If you had to buy a license for very virtual machine, OS manufacturers
would have lost a lot of business.

Chris
--
Chris Velevitch
Manager - Sydney Flash Platform Developers Group