No. RC became the public beta. Release Candidate is considered closer
to the final product than Alpha or Beta. For the insiders testing CF8
for ages it is the RC. In fact the download files I get actually have
RC in the filename.

They are the exact same product at this stage - right down to build
number. We may have another RC release depending on the testing
everyone in the wider world are now doing - which would push back the
release of CF8 commercially. But good things are worth waiting for.