I thought opening it up in Internet Explorer is enough proof its valid?
Happy to be proven wrong.

1. while the XML is on the remote server it displays fine in IE
2. when the XML is parsed on local server its fine
3. only when written to another server with cffile is it giving an error in
IE and when parsing.