You may be over thinking the problem. Replace already takes the whole
string. For that matter REReplace also takes the whole string and only
replaces the match - you could use
rereplace('[EMAIL PROTECTED]@als,'@','&123','ALL')
and it would still return the entire string.

And I'm pretty sure replacelist replaces every occurrance. You just have to
watch out for recursive replacements.

Blair