ok, the rest of the script looks like this

</cfcatch>
        </cftry>

        <cfmail to="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" from="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
subject="INFO: VETtrack testing #APPLICATION.applicationname# -
#CGI.SCRIPT_NAME# #now()#" type="html">
            <cfdump var="#ARGUMENTS#"   label="ARGUMENTS" />
            <cfdump var="#private#"     label="private" />
            <cfdump var="#responceXML#" label="responceXML" />
            <cfdump var="#CGI#"         label="CGI" />
        </cfmail>

        <cfreturn responceXML />
    </cffunction>