I'm a huge google fanatic - I love their suite and use the google
calendars and thunderbird with the lightening extension to manage my
personal calendaring - and I'm hanging out for the day that I can
develop business solutions for clients using open source products and
freeware solutions - but honestly - none of my business clients would go
for a solution that involved using google calendars. Hell, very few of
the people I would ever conceivably send a meeting invitation too would
use google calendars in any professional sense. It's too much hassle for
anybody but a geek to get the level of tool integration required to make
it a viable alternative to outlook.

If anybody has an outlook compatible solution - I'd love to know about it.