This was announced over the weekend by Adobe.
One of the 10 cities being hit around the world is Sydney.
I would think that for the opportunity to get a day of free AS3
training with Colin Moock, that it would be worth footing the airfares
to get yourself to Sydney for the day (if you happen to live somewhere
nicer, like say, Brisbane!).

The dates and registration for the Sydney event are not open yet, but
shouldn't be far off and will fill fast, so keep you eye on it.

Regards

Darren Tracey
CFUG QLD Manager

Adobe is hosting a free ActionScript 3.0 tour with Colin Moock. We'll
be
hitting 10 cities around the world beginning the end of Oct. More
details are available on the site at: www.adobeas3tour.com. (Note:
final
dates are still tbd for many of the cities, but this years schedule is
available.) Registration is required.

This is a great opportunity for our Flash and Flex customers to learn
AS3 from the man himself.

Adobe Presents - Colin Moock's ActionScript 3.0: From the Ground Up
Tour
Join internationally renowned ActionScript expert Colin Moock for an
intensive full day of ActionScript 3.0 training.

Based on Moock's best-selling Essential ActionScript 3.0 (O'Reilly,
2007), this one-day event covers everything you need to get started
programming in ActionScript 3.0.

Topics include object-oriented programming, classes, objects,
variables,
methods, packages, conditionals, loops, operators, functions, error
handling, event handling, display programming, compiling, and running
programs.

Who should attend?
This course is targeted at Flash users with beginner to intermediate
programming skills.  Those completely new to ActionScript are welcome
attend, but may feel overwhelmed by the quantity of information in the
course.

This course does not cover expert-level topics. Advanced ActionScript
3.0 programmers are unlikely to encounter new concepts, but are
welcome
to attend for a refresher on ActionScript programming fundamentals.

To get more information on dates and locations, and registration
please
visit: http://www.adobeas3tour.com/.