yup should be faster, and nope, one of the goal of the machii team is to
keep it 100% backward compatible. 1.5RC1 is out too.

That said I honestly don't know how well machii works with versions as old
as 6.1.

the config mode tells the framework whether it should reload itself or not.
This involves creating objects and other things, which can take some time.