Quite a lot will allow spaces in field names.

Alias's won't always help. You will need to use square brackets ['my field
name'] as my_better_field_name

MS Access particularly causes me problems. When ever I am tasked to import data
from a MS Access database, I just know that whomever made it used spaces and
other dumb characters (question marks) in the filenames, especially if the
database has come from the HIC (federal gov) or the AMA.

So, I keep the statement queryname['stupidfieldname?'][queryname.CurrentRow]
handy when using CF to get at the data.

Cheers,

>>> Mark Ireland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 16/10/2007 9:20 am >>>

So which databases allow column name with spaces (and column names that start
with 0)? Do you just use an alias? sensiblename AS stupidfieldname?