From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Joel Cass
Sent: Tuesday, 8 April 2008 9:39 AM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: recruters say "CF on the way out"? ... FFS! not FUD
from them too?

I agree with most of that but on the topic of recruiters - they are just
sales people and I wouldn't take them seriously. They have a position to
sell to the client, not just you.

Say they were selling fridges. You can get the super duper models with
the ice machines and built in tv's and then you have your everyday
run-of-the-mill fridges. You come in wanting a super duper fridge but
all they have is run-of-the-mill fridges - they still want their
commission so they will try and sell you an everyday fridge.

Now replace everyday fridge with PHP and super duper fridge with
ColdFusion, and that explains why they are taking the "CF is on it's way
out" pitch.

But let's not go into this *monthly* debate again. Nobody knows if it's
on the way out. As long as people keep coding and doing good work (e.g.
maintainable projects) than it will be here to stay, whether Adobe
shelve the technology or not.

My two cents

Joel Cass