From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of barry.b
Sent: Tuesday, 15 April 2008 8:56 AM
To: cfaussie
Subject: [cfaussie] SQL datetime functions question (SQLServer)

for a report I'm needing to query on records before midnight of today (ie
tonight)

(SQLServer dateTime field, values stored as date time down to seconds)

I can cheat and have this CF code in my WHERE clause

dateadd("d", 1, LSParseDateTime(LSDateFormat(now(),"dd/mm/yyyy")))

but to be honest it's a hack (converting now() to a string which gives me
00.00.00 time and then converting back to a dateTime object then add a day
to get to midnight tonight).

can anyone suggest an SQL way of doing the same, perhaps using variations on
getDate()? I can think of something nasty and convoluted with lots of
datePart() and DateAdd() SQL functions to calculate and add/subtract
hours/minutes/seconds from now but nothing clean

thanks