I'm having the same problem.

Vista Ultimate SP1; CF 8.0.  iiS 7 NOT enabled by default on my Sony
Laptop and hence not working when I enabled it.

Installation works better when logged in as the actual administrator
(not merely a user in administrators group).

When that is done, CF (Administrator) kind of works, but loads of
problems getting iiS 7.0 to deliver pages properly.
Cf Administrator is missing all the graphics...
My application (based on cfform type=flash) not delivering the flash
pieces or images.

I'm using the trace facility (new in iiS7 ?) to tie down and eliminate
the problems, but mostly they appear to be permissions based.

iiS 7 not setting up the anonymous web user/group (iis_iusrs)
properly.  Has to be done manually.

I Hate the new iiS7 Manager UI.  Why do Microsoft have to fix things
that ain't broke ?  The help for it is useless as usual.

I have not yet googled this issue, but does anyone have a recipe for
getting iiS 7 and CF 8 working on Vista ?

Cheers,
Bryn Parrott