On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 10:33 PM, MrBuzzy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I didn't mean to dismiss it completely, it I've used it and had issues,
> that's all. Just sharing what I know.
> The limit is easily reached if you're indexing a DB, for example.

I don't know - I haven't hit the limit yet - but I'm not working w/
big DBs normally.

> Oooh... AND it doesn't run natively on OSX (after thought).

Yeah, that does bug me. :)

> You can also install the CF/verity server on a separate machine, but this is
> only allowed to communicate with one other CF server. Ie: Not much chop when
> servicing a cluster of CF servers. You'll need a CF Enterprise Ed. license
> for you 'master' verity server too.
>
> Not sure why I'm saying all this... I'm in Japan and really should get out
> of the hotel, but it's raining hard.
> All in all, I was just trying to punch the air and get the people interested
> in working together on a free alternative, using Lucene.

Just so it's clear - I'd like to see the Lucene code worked on by
others as well, I'm just saying I think Verity is a darn good option
as well, and it's bundled in and free.

So if anyone wants to help w/ Seeker, just say the word.