The thing is at work (FF) I don't have any add-ons, I probably have 4
running at home... Thats why it is amusing me to no end now...

I reckon its something I blocked hastily (I usually block everything I
don't explicitly ask for nowadays), well it could be a dodgy registry,
but I doubt there is a registry which specifically states to block
only support.microsoft.com... I still can access the other
microsoft.com including msdn...

Going to do a proper clean install, uninstall and hopefully a clean
install of FF... I took a SS with  FF showing a totally blank view
source as well...

On a sidenote I was looking up the note on how to turn off IIS using
certain protocols...

How to disable PCT 1.0, SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, or TLS 1.0 in Internet
Information Services
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/187498