Mike,

It's a bit of a two-edged sword... Whilst LinkedIn and LinkMe expose
you to a number of contacts it really depends on how much networking
you are willing to make... but also to generate some sort of revenue
by saying "Here I am, I can do this, this, this and this thing as
well", really depends on how much you are willing to promote
yourself...

In my case, the majority of my network is composed of recruiters who
are very much aware of my situation at all times (ensured by regularly
updating my profiles) as well as sending the occasional broadcast to
them to let them know of my situation; and I also make use of the Jobs
links to see what else there is out there...

On occasion they will buzz me through these sites... but more often
than not, by setting up such a network, they tend to contact me
directly...

I don't expect a large response from these sites, but it does help
things... because it does promote you... the thing is, in order for it
to work for you, you need to sell yourself on these sites...

I guess I can leave the decision up to you...

~ Eliseo