I agree that these open source site tempaltes are not standards-
compliant. Nothing beats bespoke other than a client with a thin
budget :-).

templatemonster.com. is good for table-less professional looking
design. I don't mind bespoke but then it means doing mockups, graphic
design etc which will cost client more money than using a third party
template. I also find tweaking templatemonster templates quite easy.

Thanks