We have been running CF9 on Win 2k8 64bit with no issues. Here is once piece of advice if you are running IIS.

http://blog.kukiel.net/2009/10/coldfusion-9-on-windows-server-2008.html

The 2nd Comment.

/Open

jrun_iis6_wildcard.ini

and uncomment "maxworkerthreads" and set it to a value higher then 25 and it should perform much better.

/
Regards,

Paul Kukiel
http://blog.kukiel.net