Hi,

do you have any events on the 01-jun ? I am down that way for a meeting... I'd
guess not but....

>>> Peter Robertson <pe...@p-robertson.com> 20/05/2010 10:13 am >>>
If you're attending the CFUG in Melbourne this month, please don't
roll up tonight, we've postponed to next week to accommodate
CogState's move and so there will also be a change of venue.  Details
follow:

This month Phil Haeusler is doing a presentation on FW/1 - Framework
One, 'The Invisible Framework'.

FW/1 is a new framework lead by Sean Corfield.   It leverages
Application.cfc and some simple conventions to provide a 'full' MVC
framework in a single file.

Intended to require near-zero configuration, FW/1 lets you build your
application without worrying about a framework getting in your way.

The session will cover
* Why bother with frameworks?
* Yet another ColdFusion Framework
* Getting started with FW/1
* Understanding the FW/1 lifecycle
* But what is MVC?
* Building a FW/1 app, and
* Looking towards the next release of FW/1 v1.1
* So, should we bother with FW/1?

Phil has been an independant ColdFusion consultant in Melbourne for
more than 10 years delivering on a vast number of solutions to public,
private and startup clients predominately focusing on ColdFusion, Flex
and other Adobe technologies.