Yes, that's correct Charlie.

Kym, the NFS is a proper NFS.
If you could run a simple test, it would be handy.All you have to do
is run a loop that loops over a handful of directories and does a
fileExists() on each file in there, and compare the overall time
between local files and NFS files.
Obviously the directory you loop over needs to be the same on the NFS
as it is on the local drive.

You won't see the WinNTFileSystem.getBooleanAttributes(Native Method)
stuff unless you take thread dumps while the test is running, or you
use a monitor tool like 'process monitor'.

Here is a code example of the kind of loop I do, you could take that,
bung it in a cfc file and run it (you'd need to set up the bit that
calls getDirFiles() obviously.
The counter and limit are just used to restrict the number of
directories that get looped over. If Kai could run the same kind of
test, that would also be very handy :)

<cfset request.counter = 1>
<cfset request.limit = 20>

<cffunction name="getDirFiles" output="true">
  <cfargument name="sDIR">

  <cfset var result = "">

  <cfdirectory action="list" directory="#arguments.sDIR#"
name="result">

        <cfset request.counter = request.counter + 1>

        <cfif isQuery(result) AND result.RecordCount>
        <cfloop query="result">
    <cfif result.type EQ "Dir" AND len(result.name)>
                  <!---<cfoutput>directory:
#result.directory#<br></cfoutput>--->
      <cfif NOT getDirFiles(sDIR = result.directory & "\" &
result.name)>
                         <cfreturn false>
                        </cfif>
                <cfelse>
                  <cfif fileExists(result.directory&"\"&result.name)>
                        <!---<cfoutput>file: #result.directory & "\" &
result.name#<br></
cfoutput>--->
                        </cfif>
                </cfif>