@Dale,  I've just done a complete 180degree on that.   Yes i think it is
coldfusion that's doing it.  I did a few more inserts and looked at the
debugging.

The variable that the insert is being given is a date that is definitely 10
May 2010.  I can CFDUMP it using formatting that shows that it knows that
the month is 05.

Then when i look at the variables in the insert statement,  when i use the
CFQUERYPARAM type=cf_sql_date  its inserting {ts '2010-10-05 00:00:00'}

I get the same when i use #createodbcdate(   )# instead of the CFQUERYPARAM
tag.

So in Application.cfc,  in onApplicationStart() I put setLocale( en_AU ) and
that made no difference.

AAARRGH!!!!!!!

I get the same result on both my dev machine here in my ofi and the remote
production server.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to where i might look?

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion 9 Enterprise, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month