installing the reverse as suggested seemed to work fine. bit of a pain
though as i had to uninstall everything to do it

  _____

From: charlie arehart [mailto:charlie_li...@carehart.org]
Sent: Thursday, 17 June 2010 1:55 PM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [cfaussie] Flash builder plugin for Coldfusion Builder

Well, not all "outofmemory" errors are about running out of heap (same as in
CF itself). But before going there, here are a couple of things to check.

First, are you really positive that the changes you're making to the ini
file are really being picked up? Besides looking at the logs, one thing you
can do easily is enable the "show heap status" feature (in
Preferences>General). That will show an icon in the lower right (by default)
that will show how much memory is used and total/allocated ("<used>M of
<total>M"). But note that the total size does not equal max (assuming the
heap min is not set to equal max). If you mouse over the memory status
feature, it will show all 3 numbers, so you can confirm if the change you
made took effect.

But let's assume you have increased the heap, and are still having the
problem. Second, then, like Dale said, it could be simply that you still
need to allocate still more. Of course, there's a limit to  how large you
can go. Again, as with CF, you will hit a limit if running on a 32-bit OS.

Finally, beyond that, as I said at the outset, it may not be about really
running out of heap. Do you have more detail on the outofmemory error
message? Does it refer to either "heap space", "permgen", "stack", "native
thread", or "swap space"? Some errors don't require increasing the heap to
resolve them. In fact, sometimes it's the opposite (the heap can be so high
as to squeeze the space left within the OS process size max, so lowering it
gives more room for the stack, for instance.) And some problems only happen
because other applications on the machine are squeezing the memory available
to the app reporting the error.

/charlie