*From:* AJ Mercer [mailto:ajmer...@gmail.com]
*Sent:* Tuesday, 27 July 2010 12:39 PM
*To:* cfaussie@googlegroups.com
*Subject:* Re: [cfaussie] Read an Excel spreadsheet...

what version of excel is the file?
What version of CF are you using?

CF9 has cfspreadsheet
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/9.0/CFMLRef/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cbec17cba-7f87.html

On 25 July 2010 12:50, Brett Payne-Rhodes <bret...@gmail.com <mailto:bret...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hi,

    I'm looking at the options to read an excel spreadsheet and despite
    all the good stuff I have found from people like Ben Nadal and
    Charlie Arehart nothing seems to want to work 'as advertised'. I
    headed down the path of using Java and the POI library via Ben's
    POIutility.cfc but couldn't get it to read the file - dunno why, it
    was a weird java error. I then tried CFXL by Jason Delmore and while
    I can get that to read the demo excel file it won't read the one I
    need it to read.

    I know there are a few more options but I was just wondering if
    anyone here had done this before and could let me know what worked
    for them...

    Many thanks,

    Brett
    B)