From: Duncan [mailto:duncan.lox...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 15 September 2010 5:44 PM
To: cfaussie
Subject: [cfaussie] Strange multiples of cookies being set

Hi Folks,

I have a cookie related problem that I cannot get my head around.

See this page for example.

http://www.biowishtechnologies.com/au/information/our-company1/senior-manage
ment-team/lorenzo-gella/

If you click through a few pages on this site, then view the cookies that
have been set for it you will see they have been multiplied a lot of times,
I am guessing unnecessarily. I believe these cookies should be set only once
in the root of the site.

This issue appears to occur on CF9 in development and in CF8 on live. I have
tried different combinations of cfcookie and settings but nothing seems to
stop it happening.

In our application.cfc we have used this code in onRequestStart() to set UID
<cfcookie name="UUID" value="#createUUID()#" expires="never">

and we have these lines in there too.

<cfcookie name="cfid" value="#Client.cfid#">
<cfcookie name="cftoken" value="#Client.cftoken#">

The application is set out like this:

<cfset this.sessionManagement = true>
    <cfset this.clientManagement = true>
    <cfset this.setClientCookies = false>
    <cfset this.sessionTimeout = CreateTimeSpan(0,0,30,0)><!--- 30 minutes
--->
    <cfset this.applicationTimeout = CreateTimeSpan(31,0,0,0)><!--- 31 days
--->

Can anyone help me find out why we are seeing so many cookies, when really I
believe there should only be one CFID, CFTOKEN and UID cookie?

Thanks!

--
Duncan Loxton
duncan.lox...@gmail.com