On 13/10/2010, at 12:44 PM, Peter Robertson wrote:

> Phil Haeusler and Rocket Boots are setting up a
> CodeWars event for the Wednesday.  If this goes ahead, as seems
> likely, then we're suggesting that we roll CFUG into that event.
>
> For those unfamiliar with Code Wars, go to the Rocket Boots blog and
> drill on the Code War link at the top.
> http://www.rocketboots.com.au/blog/index.cfm

Also look at the Code War page:

http://www.rocketboots.com/site/index.cfm/page/aboutus_codewar

Kay, Erietta and others have some nice pics on Flickr if you search for Code
War or Codewar.

We're running our first Web Directions Code War this evening at the Crowne
Plaza in Darling Harbour - there are still a few more team spots and can I just
re-iterate that fielding a team would be an absolutely positively great way to
evangelise CF in front of a general web audience.  Even if you don't bring a
team come along and enjoy the action if you're in Sydney.

Cheers,
Robin

PS: And if you're NOT coming at all, and especially if you're not going to
cfObjective, WebDU or your local UG could I just point out that you've
automatically waived your right to start any cfaussie thread along the lines of
"Adobe/someone doesn't do enough to promote CF in Australia" for the next year
;-).