Have you guys got any examples of a web service that returns JSON/REST.

Brian Knott
Ph: 07 313 52618 | Ext: 52618 | Mob: 0404 319078

-----Original Message-----
From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:cfaus...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Kym Kovan
Sent: Wednesday, 15 September 2010 9:09 AM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [cfaussie] JSON/REST

On 15/09/2010 08:55, KNOTT, Brian wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Been asked if I can create expose part of a web site through the
> JSON/REST technology instead on XML. Has anyone done this with CF, is it
> even possible.

JSON and REST are two separate things, JSON being commonly used to pass
data to clients like browsers, CF does that well. REST is a way of
talking to servers using simple HTTP commands so CF does that as well! :-)

Google on:

"REST" with coldfusion cfml -"rest of"

lots of good hits...

--

Yours,

Kym Kovan
mbcomms.net.au

This e-mail is sent by Suncorp-Metway Limited ABN 66 010 831 722 or one of its
related entities "Suncorp".
Suncorp may be contacted at Level 18, 36 Wickham Terrace, Brisbane or on 13 11
55 or at suncorp.com.au.
The content of this e-mail is the view of the sender or stated author and does
not necessarily reflect the view of Suncorp. The content, including
attachments, is a confidential communication between Suncorp and the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with,
disclosure or copying of this e-mail, including attachments, is unauthorised
and expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please
contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail and any attachments from
your system.
If this e-mail constitutes a commercial message of a type that you no longer
wish to receive please reply to this e-mail by typing Unsubscribe in the
subject line.