Join us for two very interesting presentations, covering both the code
and media sides of life in the Adobe sphere.

Presentation 1: Andrew Spaulding, Ooyala

Media management, content distribution, and ultimately how to make
money from video! In this session Andrew Spaulding from Ooyala will
introduce Backlot - Ooyala's media technology platform.  Andrew will
discuss the technologies used to build Ooyala's video offering, and
how Adobe's Flash Platform technologies play a major role in content
delivery and user experience

Andrew Spaulding is a Senior Solutions Architect for Ooyala Australia
and New Zealand. He has extensive knowledge of the Adobe Flash
Platform with a focus on Rich Internet Applications and media delivery
to every screen and platform imaginable. Prior to joining Ooyala
Andrew spent the previous 5 years working for Macromedia/Adobe, and is
a certified Adobe Flex Instructor. With a passion for ActionScript and
Flash development he runs a blog over at www.flexdaddy.com and has
presented at various industry conferences including Adobe's MAX
conferences, WebDU, cf.Objective, and other local events.

Presentation 2: Brendan Owen, Automatic code generation

I was frustrated with the automatic code generated from Flash Builder.
During my holidays I decided build my own program to help generate
code from a project template and hierarchy file (xml). I use the
program to generate MXML, AS3, PHP and SQL, but in theory this could
be used to generate any text based files. Some of the issues I tried
to address with my code generation program were:

1) The templates could be directly complied into a standalone working
system.
2) The program could be applied to any text based source code.
3) You had freedom to structure your project’s code to suit your
needs.

I am after some feedback on this program and if it would be a useful
tool to develop further.

I am currently working for Jacaranda as a digital content developer.
My work usually switches between two types of development. Writing
digital learning objects in flash for http://www.jacplus.com.au/ and
building online systems using Flex, PHP and MySQL for internal company
use.