On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 10:13 AM, charlie arehart
<charlie_li...@carehart.org> wrote:
> AJ, I think Kai and Mark may have been on the right track: with CFERROR
> (which would typically be setup at the application level, in
> application.cfm) or the onerror method of application.cfc, I'm pretty sure
> those COULD catch the fact that the code in your requested page had a
> compile-time error. Not able to setup a test at the moment. Let us know if
> it helps.

If the problem is an Application.cfc that extends a mapped CFC without
the mapping in place, then no other code has executed so nothing can
call cferror to set up a handler and onError() won't apply because
Application.cfc can't even be compiled.

The *only* possible handler for a bad extends= on Application.cfc is
the global handler in the admin AFAIK (and at that point I don't think
you can do much by way of recovery?).
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://www.getrailo.com/