The SocketGateway is your friend for this. An instance of it basically listens
and responds to TCP/IP port traffic on a port you can define.

As a general rule of thumb:

- If you want to use one of the existing EG types (e.g. you're setting up an
instance) - you'd usually be writing CF code for your app using the EG instance
- If you want to come up with and create a new EG type - you'd usually write
that in Java.

Cheers
Kai

--
Kai Koenig - Ventego Creative Ltd
ph: +64 4 476 6781 - mob: +64 21 928 365 /  +61 435 263 414