In this case the error is occurring outside of a cfc.
I'm performing a QoQ on a query that's returned by a cfc function.
The query is var scoped and constructed from data returned by a web service.
Maybe I should be duplicating it as it's returned (?).

@Kai ... What about one of those JVM inspection tools, do they show exceptions
as they occur? Maybe we can see it there?