With the greatest of reservations about feeding the trolls....

What alternate universe do you live in, Andrew?

I clearly stated

The intent of the two CFCs is different.

and

that for "MY" work - the ServiceCFC was all but, always an empty stub for
the method in the DAO CFC.

Given;

SericeCFC

1 <cffunction name="getStuff>

2 <cfargument name="name1">

3 <cfargument name="name2">

4 <cfargument name="name3">

5 <cfargument name="name4">

6 <cfargument name="name5">

7

8 <cfreturn DAO_CFC.getStuff(name1, name2, name3, name4, name5 >

9 </cffunction>

DAO_CFC

1 <cffunction name="getStuff>

2 <cfargument name="name1">

3 <cfargument name="name2">

4 <cfargument name="name3">

5 <cfargument name="name4">

6 <cfargument name="name5">

7

8 <cfquery name="myQuery">

9 SELECT * from #arguments,name1 where column1 = #arguments.name2" and
column2 = #arguments.nam3# and column3=#arguments.name4# and column22 in
(#arguments.name5#)

10 </cfquery>

11

12 <cfreturn myQuery >

13 </cffunction>

Under what circumstances, on planet earth, is lines 1 through 7, in either
CFC not a duplicate of the other?

Whereby "duplicate" means;

(according to *thefreedictionary.com* <http://thefreedictionary.com/>)

*1. *Identically copied from an original.

I even stated in my post that I created the DAO CFC by copy / pasting the
code from the Service CFC.

And included the caveat of;

So apart from the "guts" of the DAO method

And also provided the proof - that the application "diff" agreed with me.

But alas,

I forgot you know absolutely everything about everything and that you are
never, ever, wrong.

Obviously,  I am wrong. As must be every file “diffing” tool in existence.

Please accept my apology for not completely / wholly agreeing with you,
instantly.

I am not sure what came over me,

I will never, ever doubt you or your stunning and dazzling ColdFusion
brilliance, again.

In Andrew Scott We Trust - because he says so.