easy.

form an organisation with a catchy name and/or grass roots.
Find a training venue (QANTM Sydney in Surry Hills?)

Tap into interest for people wanting to change careers or hitting a
wall with their current one:

"What does a career in Ruby look like in the Sydney area?
Ruby on Rails is a cool technology. In Australia, the average starting
salary for a Ruby on Rails developer is about AUD80k. The high
Tech/Start-up community is booming down-under and we all need skilled
Ruby developers to turn Sydney into the next Silicon Valley!"

charge tuition to cover it (you gotta at least pay the trainers and
venue for the training space - we've all got mouths to feed)

"The cost for the semester is AUD 8,000. However, we will give you a
AUD 1,000 discount if you pay the entire tuition upfront as we want
our program to be affordable for everyone"

$8k is either expensive or reasonable - depending on how valuable it
is personally and if you get any recognised certification at the end
of it. I've paid too much for the IIBA courses I've done but felt I
had no choice.

Please don't think I'm being cynical - I've just learned to read
between the lines when it comes to training. There's no such thing as
a free lunch. I've taken a job delivering "free training" (really: no
monetary cost to the participant) - but the tab is being picked up by
the Federal Govt (sorry, not CF).

If you want "Passion, enthuisasm" then supporting cf.Objective(ANZ)
comes to mind. Or WebDU for that matter. Or, dare I say it ... the
local CF user group?

I'll shut up now and crawl back into my hole.

Barry Beattie