Personally I'm not a fan of training, its great for some people, everyone
has different ways of learning, my last company offered us either  several
days of training a year or several days to go and study at home.
I chose the latter.

I'd rather my employer (when I'm an employee) to simply say "sit at your
desk and learn x for 2 days"
than be in a class where its simply "copy code from a course book into a
computer and not really pay too much attention to what it is"  I know that
isn't the idea of a course lol but its how I find them.

different strokes for different folks.