I think Dale isn't that far off - I've trained for registered training
organizations  and they pay less than
$100 an hour for however many students are in the class (usually a limit of
4 or 5 and topend limit of 8-10
due thats all the machines they have in a lab).

The students are paying a few hundred a day each (usually two day courses)
you have about 6 hours
teaching between breaks and the trainer is responsible for the course
curriculum / ad hoc machine support etc.
Sometimes there is setup time - but travel time is long gone.

Not lucrative but its work. Inhouse stuff seems to be about 50% more but
usually in less controlled circumstance
and you usually dont have machines to distract the kids ;).

So not neccesarily as expensive as some here suggest.

dan