Ah, I took my own advise as to what a GeoFence is. It is a virtual
boundary. Makes more sense now. I thought you might have been mapping real
boundaries. Either way. I have some code I wrote in C years ago somewhere
that does a point-in-polygon check. It was easy. The main trick is to shift
the coordinates so are all positive numbers. It probably doesn't matter for
longitude as you would have 0-360 but shift any latitude numbers up if any
are negative. Then you can easily extrapolate if either the x or y axis are
crossed a positive or negative number of times. It also handles geographic
donuts if you have any.

Another option might be to move your data into PostgreSQL with PostGIS
extensions. Then you have all the geospatial tools you need .

Cheers,
Simon