From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:cfaussie@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Charlie Arehart
Sent: Saturday, 12 July 2014 1:52 AM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [cfaussie] Unable to read WSDL from URL

That sounds like the good call, Dmitry.

Scott, you had opened saying that you were using a virtual directory in IIS.
Can you change it to not be one and see if it helps? (Even though the bug
report he refers to is for CF10, I would not be surprised if the problem went
back to your CF 6.1.)

Also, Scott, your last message showing use of createobject indicated that you
had gotten a 404 on the wsdl URL. The problem was that you left off the .cfc in
the URL. So:

test =
createObject("webservice","http://localhost/login/NTLoginService?wsdl";).loginUserNT(NTusername='username',
 NTpassword='pwd', NTdomainz='domain');

should have been instead:

test =
createObject("webservice","http://localhost/login/NTLoginService.cfc?wsdl";).loginUserNT(NTusername='username',
 NTpassword='pwd', NTdomainz='domain');

(When you're calling a component, you don't put the .cfc, so it's easy to get
tripped up on that.)

Finally, while you can chain methods on the createobject, note that you don't
need to do that. And there can be advantages to NOT doing it, especially if you
would need to call more than one method. You may already know that. Just wanted
to point it out in case you go with that alternative approach. So you could do
it this way, for instance:

ntlogin=
createObject("webservice","http://localhost/login/NTLoginService.cfc?wsdl";).loginUserNT(NTusername='username',
 NTpassword='pwd', NTdomainz='domain');
test = ntlogin.loginUserNT(NTusername='username', NTpassword='pwd',
NTdomainz='domain');
test2 = ntlogin.callsomeothermethod;

Hope that helps.

/charlie