I'm trying to set up a second instance of CF. This is in CF10 with
Apache-Tomcat

So I went into cfadmin, clicked the instance manager, clicked add instance
and the instance was created with an url of
localhost:8500  It seems to work OK because I can go into the 2nd instance
cfadmin and configure different mappings and datasources

BUT the only directory it will serve is CFIDE/administrator

The first instance is happy to serve up c:\www as the webroot.  I want the
2nd instance to serve up c:\wwwdemo So i have tried to configure that in
system32/drivers/etc/hosts and in the various apache conf files.

I tried mapping c:\wwwdemo in my 2nd instance cfadmin but while its happy
the map it, I get a coldfusion cannot find error when I try to browse to
wwwdemo/index.cfm

I can't even browse to wwwdemo/index.html

So does anyone have a clue about what I am missing?

regards,
Stephen