Charlie,  I think you've put your finger right on the issue.   I dont know
for sure till i go check,  but I'll bet I havent updated my CF9 that far,
certainly not on this laptop that I rarely use.      I'll do that and see
if that fixes the problem.

And just as i was thinking to myself  "that's all very well but I get you
can't get that downloader any more",  there you had a link in your email!!
   It was like you were reading my mind!

I'll download the CF9 updater,  install it and see if that allows the
connector to work ok.      Removal of Verity doesnt affect me because I
dont use it.     I would prefer to stay with CF9 at this stage, so my
feature set on my dev environment matches the production server, but if it
proves I need to update, then that's what I'll have to do.

Thanks for your help, Charlie.   I'm most grateful.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks