On 2005-06-19, Cees Hek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 6/18/05, Rhesa Rozendaal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I've taken some time to see if I could rewrite the hook system with
>> Class::Trigger, and it works except for all the tests in t/11callbacks.t
>> (due to the different order in which callbacks are executed):
>
>> Before I continue, can I ask some questions about some of the design
>> decisions you guys made?

I also considered "outsourcing" the trigger code to another module.
However, in practice it was a very small amount of code that seemed
reasonable to include directly.

Perhaps there is still a place for packages like Class::Trigger or
Hook::LexWrap in the grand scheme of things. Perhaps some plug-in like
this could use a package like this to accomplish some rare need that the
built-in system doesn't support. I don't have a use-case for what that
might be right now, though.

>> - CT says it executes hooks in the order they were registered. I _think_
>> this may be a drawback for us in the long run, as it doesn't give us
>> control over the execution order at all. On the other hand, Mark decided
>> to avoid the entire issue for now.

I like to think that we decided as a group, and I just happen to make
the releases. But yes, that position does allow me to be biased towards
my own viewpoints if I so choose.

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/