Michael Peters wrote:

Robert Hicks wrote:
I have all my forms validating. Yay!

Congratulations.

The question I have is what happens after validation?

    $self->redirect('index.cgi?rm=show_next_page');

Change that to

   return $self->show_next_page();

If you do a full redirect then yes, your CGI parameters will be lost, since they
only exist for that request and a redirect performs a separate HTTP request.
This is not C::A specific, but relates to all web programming.

But, after validation, you shouldn't access those values through the CGI query
object. You should get them from the Data::FormValiator::Results object that
check_rm will create.

  $self->check_rm(....);
  my $results = $self->dfv_results;
  my $user_name = $results->valid('user_name');

This is because your validation profile can have some side effects.
+ It could "untaint" your data to make it safe for use.
+ If you use filters, they can alter your data (like 'trim', etc)

HTH

That was a great explanation. Thank you very much!

Robert