A few of us discussed this at YAPC, and a few of the talking points included:

- Who is really our target audience? Do we want to compete with Catalyst and Rails publicly? Or are we content with developing tools to make our own lives easier. Which feeds into....

- What's in a name? If we're developing for ourselves, who gives a damned what it's named? It could be called Big::Stinking::Pile::Of::Poo and as long as it works, why change?

That being said, if we are going to outwardly compete with Rails/ Catalyst/$framework, I can see some sort of name change being beneficial. Like Michael Peter's wrote, a lot of people have a sour taste in their mouth when it comes to CGI programming. And even know we know the framework is useful for much more than that, the name will make it hard for some people to get past.

So if we change the name, we have some options. Do we pick a cool name for the module/suite of modules? Do we come up with a cool name for the CAF project (given magog and rdice's blessing)? Do we rename C::A to Web::Application, rename CAF, and say CAF is based on Web::Application? So many choices!

Anyway, that's all I got.
Jason