Hi

I would be grateful if someone could offer me some guidance.

When I started thinking about reorganising my app with CGI::Application but before I knew much about it I thought it would be good to have a Globals object which I set up when the script is called which stores all the things I need - some query params and some other values which I calculate based on the query params and things like session ids etc rather than have loads of package variables. In practice I am not sure if this is an improvement although there are some individual get and set methods that require extra functionality so is quite nice to have these in my own class.

Also I see that CGI::Application has its own params - am I right in thinking these are completeley different to the query params? Is there any relationship between the two? Should I just be using these for 'global' values?

It also looks like I will be using the session plugin and the session object also has its own params, some of which I would set with the global/query/params that I am interested in.

So I have three lots of params as well as my own Globals class and I am not sure which the tidiest option is.

Can anyone suggest any best practices on which params to use where?

I want to make my variables easy to keep track of and keep the code as maintainable and readable as possible.

Regards
Mark

#####  CGI::Application community mailing list  ################
##  To unsubscribe, or change your message delivery options,  ##
##  visit:  http://www.erlbaum.net/mailman/listinfo/cgiapp    ##
##  Web archive:   http://www.erlbaum.net/pipermail/cgiapp/   ##
##  Wiki:          http://cgiapp.erlbaum.net/                 ##