Bradley C Bailey wrote:
Cees Hek wrote:
On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 5:50 AM, Richard Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
See my earlier posting - CAP::AutoRunmode not working with mod_perl again ??

It's viewable here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/cgiapp@lists.erlbaum.net/msg07094.html

If you *do* get it working with mod_perl, I would be very interested to hear
about it. I can't. See also CAP::RunmodeDeclare as an alternative, which
*does* work with mod_perl, at least in my setup.

Hi Richard,

I run AutoRunmode under mod_perl successfully, but I do remember
having problems with it.  If I remember correctly (and it's been a few
years since I looked into it), I had to make sure that
Attribute::Handlers was installed, and I had to load the plugin in my
instance script as well as in the application.

For what it's worth I also have successfully used AutoRunmode under mod_perland FastCGI (using Dispatch). The only problem I can remember encountering was that it did not work with Apache2::Reload.

Well, I've fixed it at last. It was probably not AutoRunmodes' fault in the end, but one or more of a combination of two plugins - CAP::ErrorPage & CAP::DebugScreen - plus some errors in my code (like using $self in the LOG_DISPATCH_OPTIONS callback!!) and the use of a custom SIG{__DIE__} handler in my Dispatch class, that collectively was causing a number of problems (session & flash handling mainly), as I've detailed elsewhere in some related messages. AutoRunmode now works fine with mod_perl.
--
Richard Jones